This page indexes news items about the MHRA as a charitable organisation: for example, notices to do with its governance or officers. The complete news feed can be found here.
- Jan 10, 2023 association We welcome our newest Postgraduate Representation, and Working Papers editor, Rachel Hayes.
- Feb 21, 2022 association The Articles of Association have been amended to make membership easier.
- Jan 11, 2022 association The MHRA committee is considering changes to our constitution to make membership easier.
- Dec 24, 2021 association Emily Di Dodo joins the Executive Committee as one of the two postgraduate editors of Working Papers in the Humanities.
- Aug 17, 2021 association Electronic hosting for MLR, SEER, YES, Austrian Studies, and Portuguese Studies will move from JSTOR to MUSE in January 2022.
- Aug 4, 2021 association Barbara Burns becomes our first Company Secretary.
- Jul 8, 2021 association Lucy O'Meara becomes the new General Editor for Modern Language Review.
- May 28, 2021 association Muireann Maguire of the University of Exeter joins us as the new Slavonic editor for Modern Language Review.
- Jan 25, 2021 association We are very pleased to welcome Guillem Colom-Montero as our new Communications Officer.
- Dec 7, 2020 association Alma Prelec joins the Executive Committee as one of the two postgraduate editors of Working Papers in the Humanities.
- Nov 23, 2020 association We welcome John David Rhodes as the new General Editor of our Moving Image film series.
- Oct 20, 2020 association Applications are open to become a new postgraduate editor for our journal Working Papers in the Humanities.
- Feb 23, 2019 association Modern Language Review, our flagship journal since 1905, is edited by a team of language-area editors, and vacancies on this team are filled by open competition. We now welcome applications for the position of Germanic Editor, to succeed Prof. Mary Cosgrove.
- Dec 18, 2018 association Time for the annual round of membership renewals - details for 2019 are on our Membership page. New members always welcome.
- Oct 23, 2018 association We are looking for a second editor for our online journal Working Papers in the Humanities. Applications by 5 November, please.
- May 16, 2018 association Following our Centenary Dinner and Annual General Meeting, Barbara Burns (Glasgow) succeeded Malcolm Cook (Exeter) as Hon. Chairman of the Association, and Alison Fell became the new Hon. Secretary.
- Apr 11, 2018 association This year's Annual General Meeting will be held in the Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL, on Saturday 12 May 2018 at 12.30 p.m.
- Dec 15, 2017 association Claudia Dellacasa of Durham, who works on links between Italian and Japanese culture, joins the MHRA team as one of our Postgraduate Editors, and will co-edit our innovative journal Working Papers in the Humanities from 2018.
- Nov 7, 2017 association We invite applications to be one of the editors of Working Papers in the Humanities, a journal aimed at early career researchers and edited by postgraduates. The successful candidate will also attend the MHRA Executive Committee and advise on postgraduate issues, with a two-year term of office.
- Apr 7, 2017 association Professor Judith Ryan of Harvard will serve as our President for 2017.
- Nov 1, 2016 association A brief history of the MHRA by David Wells.
- Aug 17, 2016 association The Legenda Management Committee is delighted to announce that in succession to Professor Colin Davis, who steps down on 1 January 2017, Professor Jonathan Long will be the next General Editor of Legenda.
subscribe via RSS