Though MHRA does not organise an obituary service, we do occasionally post a brief note when those closely involved in the Association pass on, and those notices are indexed here. The complete news feed can be found here.
- Dec 6, 2020 obituary David Wells on the life of Roy Wisbey, for many years a leader of the MHRA, who died on 21 October.
- Nov 9, 2020 obituary We must record the death of Susan Tilby, née Wharton, one of our longest-serving editors.
- Feb 11, 2020 obituary All who work in Hispanic studies have been deeply saddened by the news of the sudden death of Trevor Dadson, a Trustee of the MHRA, whose contributions to the history and literary study of Golden Age Spain have been highly influential, and whose energy and dynamism made him a very effective leader of his profession.
- Dec 18, 2018 obituary We were sad to hear of the recent death of Edward Timms, FBA, a distinguished and humane voice in the Humanities, and one of the founding editors of our Austrian Studies yearbook.
- Oct 24, 2016 obituary We are sad to hear of the passing of William Rothwell, who died on 15 October. He was the General Editor of the Anglo-Norman Dictionary, now an important and ambitious online project but at one time an MHRA publication.
- Jun 9, 2015 obituary The legendary font designer Hermann Zapf died last week at the age of 96.
subscribe via RSS