This page indexes news items advertising or reporting back on events, either our own or organised by other organisations: for example, conferences or book launches. The complete news feed can be found here.
- Aug 30, 2020 events A Spanish-language interview on film between our author Luis Castellví Laukamp and UNAM, Mexico's leading university.
- Jun 17, 2020 events Barbara Burns, editor of our new English edition of Bertha von Suttner's pacifist novel Lay Down Your Arms, joins a panel on the BBC World Service to discuss von Suttner, the remakable woman who inspired the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Jun 14, 2020 events Our recent volume "Prismatic Translation" was this week's Book at Lunchtime at TORCH. Matthew Reynolds, the editor, joined a panel to talk about the book, and here's the presentation at YouTube.
- Jun 14, 2020 events In three recent videos, Luis Castellví Laukamp talks about his work on early modern Spanish writing in the New World.
- May 19, 2018 events Andrea Gullotta's well-received book on the Solovki gulag now has an accompanying virtual exhibition, courtesy of the Hunterian.
- Apr 12, 2018 events All are welcome to attend a presentation at the Warburg Institute, on Mionday 23 April, of two Legenda books on the Italian Renaissance. The speakers are Marina Warner, Brian Richardson and Michel Jeanneret.
- Oct 22, 2017 events Our recent Festschrift for the distinguished Italianist Jane Everson will be marked by an event at the Biblioteca Nazionale in Rome on Monday 30 October 2017.
- Aug 8, 2017 events The author of our forthcoming book on Reginald Farrer, Michael Charlesworth, is speaking at the British Library on 21 August.
- Apr 25, 2017 events The nineteenth Annual General Meeting will be held in Room 347, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies, 16 Taviton Street, London WC1H 0BW, on Saturday 13 May 2017 at 2.00 p.m. All members are welcome to attend.
- Nov 2, 2016 events On 15 November, our author Andrea Gullotta will speak at the Pushkin House in London on the subject of his forthcoming book: a prison camp on the frozen archipelago of Solovki, converted from an ancient monastery, which became in a curious way also an artistic centre.
- Sep 13, 2016 events Announcing Have you Heard? Navigating the Interstices between Public and Private Knowledge, the MHRA Conference 2016, to be held at the IMLR on 14 October 2016.
- Dec 18, 2015 events An interview with Ana Clavel.
- Dec 3, 2015 events Our thanks to the Instituto Cervantes in Eaton Square, London, for hosting a truly memorable book launch. Katia Chornik presented her new study Alejo Carpentier and the Musical Text as part of the Instituto’s series of lectures on winners of the Cervantes Prize.
- Jul 21, 2014 events Announcing the 2014 Legenda conference, Adapting the Canon.
subscribe via RSS